Welcome to my personal space

I'm currently writing up a PhD thesis at the mathematical logic group of Bonn. My Doktorvater is Prof. Peter Koepke.

office: Endenicher Allee 60, room 402, tel: +49 (0) 228 73 3791
mailing address: Endenicher Allee 60, D-53115 Bonn, Germany
e-mail: dimitri at math dot uni-bonn dot de

Saturday 28 February 2009

curriculum vitae

I was born on November 27, 1978 in Thessaloniki, Greece, where I grew up. I graduated in pure mathematics from the mathematics department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki on July 22, 2003. On September 1, 2003 I started my master's in logic (MoL) at the ILLC in the Universiteit van Amsterdam. I wrote my master's thesis under the supervision of Dr. Benedikt Löwe on the topic of set theory, in particular forcing and the negation of the axiom of choice. I graduated my masters on January 30, 2006, after having started my PhD project at January 2, 2006 at the mathematical institute of the Universität Bonn. My advisor in Bonn is Prof. Peter Koepke and my PhD project is about infinitary combinatorics without the axiom of choice. Most of my research involves still forcing and the negation of the axiom of choice. Being a student of Peter Koepke I also have learned some things about core model theory.

I am still in Bonn at the moment and I am an active member of the mathematical logic group here. I take care of the website and have helped organise all conferences and workshops that our group was involved in, as long as I'm here. I also prepared extensive workshop reports for three logic meetings that took place here in Bonn during my stay. I have taught a couple of tutorials on basic logic and set theory but mostly I have been busy with the graduate logic seminar, where selected topics in set theory are presented. Initially I was funded by these teaching duties but now I am funded by a DFG-NWO collaboration grant between Benedikt Löwe in Amsterdam and Peter Koepke in Bonn, entitled "Infinitary combinatorics without the axiom of choice". This semester, together with Arthur Apter, Peter Koepke, and Benedikt Loewe, we are organising the first workshop of this collaboration project.

I have co-authored a couple of papers published in logic journals, I refereed one paper in a mathematical logic journal, and I have a few projects on the way (see label "publications"). I am currently writing up my PhD thesis, that involves a detailed study of several patterns of singular cardinals under the negation of the axiom of choice, and some results on the surprisingly low consistency strength of higher Chang's conjectures without the axiom of choice.

I am a member of the ASL (Association for Symbolic Logic), BIGS (Bonn International Graduate School), and of the DVMLG (Deutsche Vereinigung für Mathematische Logik und für Grundlagen der Exakten Wissenschaften).

Finally, my native tongue is Greek, and my mother's native is Chilean Spanish (I was bilingual as a young child). I am very fluent in English, and I have some intermediate to beginner skills in Dutch and German.

1 comment:

  1. So you can actually speak five languages? Wow, that's awesome... The mere mention of that already distinguishes yours from an entry level resume.

    ReplyDelete